The HR Manager is responsible for employment policies and procedures, overseeing payroll and rewards and recognition programs as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. Along with administering employee-benefit programs, the HR Manager role involves finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programs for all employees.
HR Manager job description and responsibilities
A standard HR Manager job description should cover in-detail the following duties and responsibilities:
- Managing company staff, including coordinating and supporting the recruitment process
- Onboarding newcomers to the company
- Determining suitable salaries and remuneration
- Providing the necessary support systems for payroll requirements
- Developing adequate induction and training
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development
- Managing succession planning of staff
- Assisting with the performance management and review process
HR Manager job qualifications and requirements
In a highly people-focused role, a Human Resources Manager job description should detail the need for an individual with strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. It is also essential that they are up to date with an understanding of industry awards, current pay rates and industry trends surrounding non-monetary benefits.
Education is a key component for this role. A minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or Business would be necessary, along with previous experience in the HR field.