Data Entry recruitment experts
Hire a Data Entry specialist
Looking for Data Entry jobs? Search jobs
What is Data Entry?
A Data Entry role involves entering data from various sources into the company computer system for processing and management. A candidate working in data entry will need to efficiently manage a large amount of information that is often sensitive or confidential. The integrity of any company is based on the data they produce which validates the importance of the Data Entry position. Any information inputted by the Data Entry team will then be used by other people for reference or reports.
What should be included in a Data Entry job description?
A typical Data Entry job description will include the following responsibilities:
- Preparing and sorting documents for data entry
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan
- Responding to information requests from authorised members
- Testing new database systems and software updates
What skills and qualifications should a Data Entry have?
Most companies will not require any formal education for Data Entry roles. However, there are skills that are expected in order to perform this role efficiently, and these competencies should be part of a Data Entry job description:
- Computer literacy and familiarity with various computer programs such as MS Office (formal computer training may be advantageous in progressing in this career)
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work to time constraints
How much does a Data Entry earn?
$52,000 - $62,000
A Data Entry salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what a Data Entry is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.