Business Development Manager recruitment experts
Hire a Business Development Manager
Looking for Business Development Manager jobs? Search jobs
What is a Business Development Manager?
What does a Business Development Manager do? Primarily they are tasked with developing and diversifying business so that income increases, and the future and growth of the organisation are guaranteed.
A Business Development Manager job description should ask for a range of skills and capacities that centre on the best strategic and financial outcomes for the organisation. When writing the Business Development Manager job description, suitable candidates may come from a range of industries.
What should be included in a Business Development Manager job description?
A Business Development Manager is a senior role, and as such has some important duties and responsibilities to fulfil, with both short and long-term goals to achieve. A Business Development Manager job description should cite some of the below tasks and objectives:
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Increasing client base
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
What skills and qualifications should a Business Development Manager have?
As a manager at an organisation, this is a role that demands a qualification, or significant experience in the field. These degrees are important when advertising for a Business Development Manager:
- Business Development
- Economics or Finance
A Business Development Manager job description should also request the below soft skills from candidates:
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
How much does a Business Development Manager earn?
$80,000 - $125,000
A Business Development Manager salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what a Business Development Manager is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.