Administrator recruitment experts
Hire an Administrator
Looking for an Administrator job? Search jobs
What is an Administrator?
An Administrator provides office support to either an individual or team and is vital for the smooth-running of a business. Their duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. Additionally, administrators are often responsible for office projects and tasks, as well as overseeing the work of junior admin staff.
What should be included in an Administrator job description?
If you are hiring an Administrator, the job description can feature:
- Answering incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required
- Dealing with email enquiries
- Taking minutes
- Diary management and arranging appointments, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
- Data entry (sales figures, property listings etc.)
- General office management such as ordering stationary
- Organising travel and accommodation for staff and customers
- Arranging both internal and external events
- Possibly maintaining the company social media accounts
- Providing administration support to Sales Reps, Property Managers and Senior Management
What skills and qualifications should an Administrator have?
Although an undergraduate degree is not required for every Administrator role, some employees do prefer to hire college graduates. There are also secretarial courses available that are highly regarded by employers, aimed at both graduates and non-graduates.
Administrators are usually required to use Microsoft Office and should demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge with Xero or MYOB packages can be an advantage.
How much does an Administrator earn?
$50,000 - $70,000
An Administrator’s salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what an Administrator is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.