- INDUSTRY: Technology
- COMPANY SIZE: Large global; 5,000 employees
Estimated Read Time: 3 minutes
1. Business situation
Offering banks their own payment gateway to process transactions, IT security is critical for the business, as is the need to adhere to PCI DSS compliance requirements.
The company’s existing Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) had to leave at short notice, so it was essential to source a replacement promptly.
In addition to filling the vacant role quickly, the company needed to overcome several legacy challenges with a candidate who could demonstrate strong technical skills and excellent business acumen.
2. The solution we offered
Leveraging our extensive database of pre-screened talent and access to passive security talent, Robert Half undertook an extensive search before presenting the company with six high-quality candidates who held the required technical and soft skills.
By organising back-to-back interviews with the shortlisted candidates, a new CISO was appointed to the role within three weeks.
3. Client's return on investment
Forging good relationships across the business, the new CISO has changed the culture and approach to development within the organisation. Commercial and practical considerations are now always balanced with a security-first ethos.
- The CISO has educated the development team on best practice security protocols, so they now start any development process with security front of mind, rather than evaluating security retrospectively.
- The business has achieved tier one PCI DSS compliance.
- Several new products have been introduced to the environment to improve security.
- The CISO has redefined and rolled-out a new security and governance policy across the APAC region.
Whether you need one person or an entire team, we match you to skilled contract and permanent talent in technology. Our recruiting specialists can quickly find you the talent you need.